Concrete Block Permeable Paving
Multifunctional Sustainable Drainage
Concrete Block Permeable Paving is an essential sustainable drainage (SuDS) technique. It simply allows water to pass through joint filling material in gaps between concrete paving blocks or flags into the underlying permeable sub-base. Here, it is stored and released gradually to help prevent flooding. At the same time, many pollutants are substantially removed and treated within the pavement itself.
Key benefits include:
- Reducing, attenuating and treating runoff near the surface
- Direct infiltration or conveyance to the management train
- Multi-functional SuDS meeting current guidelines
- Established technology with proven performance
- No additional land-take and lower whole-life costs
- Safe, level, puddle-free, shared surfaces for all
- A gradual supply of clean water for landscape, biodiversity and harvesting
Learn more about permeable paving and SuDS in the video above and the following downloads.
To see a selection of Permeable Paving & SuDS projects please click here.
An essential introductory guide to all aspects of permeable paving for designers, developers, planners, regulators and all those involved with development.
new edition 6 coming soon (sign-up for e:bulletins to hear about new publications)
Interpave, The Old Rectory, Main Street,
Glenfield, Leicester LE3 8DG, UK
t: 0116 232 5170